Friday, July 8, 2011

Hicks Creek

Alpine joined Ranch Camp at their camp-out site, Hicks Creek, last night.  It was a blast! . . . until I woke up around 2:30 feeling sick.  So I climbed over all of the bodies and just went and sat down on a tree stump.  Almost an hour and a half later I finally threw up (you know how its almost a relief).  Still feeling sick I grabbed my sleeping bag from the canvas tent, again tip toeing around sleeping campers.  I curled up in a ball next to the fire pit and just listened to my iPod. I slept for maybe an hour... so I waited until 7:30 to ask my assistant director if I could go back to Alpine and try to get some rest.  So that is what I am doing... but I had to make a pit stop first to just take a break from the hike/make sure I wasn't going to throw up.

Camp is amazing as always.
God is teaching me great things.
I had a really great discussion with a camper yesterday and God was able to use my testimony to really help her, which was really awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Molly,
    Hope you are feeling better soon!!! It is very cool to read your blog and hear how much you are learning and growing and I know that God is using you to touch and make a difference in those girls lives- really awesome! Thanks for sharing your stories.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey so sorry that you got sick...YUCK.
    Let me know if you are feeling better! I will be praying for you. MOM

    ReplyDelete