Monday, July 4, 2011

The Fourth of July

We had today off! Yay!  So instead of having saturday afternoon-sunday off-- we had saturday afternoon through tonight off :)

Saturday after campers left.... I can't remember what I did... I was so tired that I honestly can't remember what I did....

Oh! I went to the Anderson's house for the afternoon and supper. So it was a nice time to just be at "home" and unwind after a hectic week.

Yesterday we went to church- which I absolutely love.  Our worship team from camp + Bluejay + Carlin --ran the worship.  I love our worship team- they are from the Invisible college- look it up.  After church a group of us went to Grand View Cafe, which is about 30 mins from camp.

In the afternoon we went to Hatcher's Pass - a state park sort of place. It was BEAUTIFUL! I will post some pictures once I have time to go through my pictures and put them on the computer... so basically don't hold your breath. ha ha.

Today we had brunch and then went to a local's land on the Matanuska river.

We watched them launch an old mini-van off of the cliff.  Then shoot two bowling balls out of a cannon into the river.

Then I did one of my favorite things,  fell asleep on the dock at waterfront.  I love taking naps outside in the summer- especially when I've been reading... which I was- on my kindle :)

I woke up to some people going out in a canoe. So I went out in a funyak - we had a lot of fun... then to

PRAYER and PRAISE!
It was really awesome tonight- we did more untraditional ways of praise. Like I spent some time reading my Bible and then playing with color pastels.  It was just a really cool set up.  I really really enjoy traditional (well with contemporary music) worship.

Well I HAVE TO DO LAUNDRY right now else I am going to be in trouble for clothes for tomorrow ! ha ha nothing has changed much :)

Thank you for your support!
I am already praying about coming back next summer :)

love,
gus gus

No comments:

Post a Comment