Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Week Three!

Today is Wednesday of Week Three at Alpine Camp.

I have an AMAZING group of girls- 10 total.
Two of the girls were in my cabin for week one but had to leave on thursday of that week... so when their mom picked them up on thursday of that week she signed them up for another week! I am SO incredibly thankful that they are back here at camp and in Wrangell.

My CIT (counselor in training) Kiwi is gone for this week.
So I currently am working with a different CIT, Mimzy.
She is really into drama and singing.
Which contrasts my .... I don't even know what I am ... ha ha

But it is really cool how God is able to use her to reach and connect to campers that I can't.

So this is a growing experience for both of us, Kiwi and myself had figured each other out and how to work with each other's strengths and weaknesses. Now it is time for this new team to figure out the same.  :)

Our camp director is the speaker this week- SO GREAT! Oh my goodness I am SO excited for chapel. It has been just wonderful.  The messages are hitting me and quite hard (in the best way).

I am going to go and prepare for our cabin discussion (wednesdays are the day that we share our testimony and the Gospel).

Each week the campers are so different that really I can't rely on doing what I did last week.  I have to step aside and allow God to lead instead of my own "control trip."

love,
Gus Gus

3 comments:

  1. It is awesome that Chapel is not just for the campers and that God is speaking to YOU too! So neat to hear what you are learning through this blog. LOVE YOU, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly,
    I have been thinking about you today as tomorrow is the 4th of July. Is it just a regular day at camp? Will there be some kind of special celebration? I am so proud of you and pray for you often. Jon and Joy are here for a week, we love having them around. You won't believe the way the kids are jumping in the pool this year. They are amazing me! I like your mom are so thankful that your experience at camp is so spiritually enriching for you! Love you.. Auntie Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you Miss Molly! So much fun to follow your blog!
    Love ya.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete