Monday, May 30, 2011

A Day in the Valley

The towns Palmer and Wasilla are similar to St. Paul and Minneapolis.
No! They are not comparable size wise.
They sort of blur together, you may think you are in Wasilla but really you're in Palmer.

Palmer/Wasilla is also called "The Valley" because it is in between Matanuska and Sasitka Mts.

Kelly drove the 60 curvy miles, possibly the most beautiful stretch of road.

We met Kymie (pronounced kim-me) at Target.
Kymie is one of Kelly's dearest friends.
She is truly a special one.  Kymie reminds me a lot of one of my best friends. 
She is such a hoot and yet incredibly caring.

We ate at Red Robin, went to the Salvation Army, Fred Myer (awesome!), and Sports Authority.
It was just a fun day.

Kelly and myself made our way home, making two stops.
One- go through the car wash (which we had a little mishap....)
Two- a scenic overlook.

When we arrived home (it truly feels like home) Sandy was cooking an amazing dinner for us.
Steaks, chicken breasts, salad, strawberries, chips, ect.
Mmhmm the marinade was wonderful and they were great!

The Anderson family has made me feel so welcome and so at home.
I am SO blessed by my friendship with Kelly and now this relationship with her family.

I am SO thankful to everyone who has supported me.
This trip to Alaska has been absolutely amazing.
I am in possibly the most beautiful state.
I am building friendships with people that challenge me and lift me up.
Thank you.


---> This is the Matanuska Glacier that feeds the Matanuska River.  The glacier is receding into the mountains (as the face is melts).


(I am finding that I am so excited about being here in Alaska that I have not had time where I just want to sit down and write.  Therefore my blog updates are so scattered. )

No comments:

Post a Comment