Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Preparation

According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary the definition of preparation is "the action or process of making something ready for use or service or of getting ready for some occasion, test, or duty."

I have lists written on receipts, in notebooks, on legal paper, on envelops, as Word documents, as emails, and even in text messages to myself.

Clothes are sprawled across my bed waiting to be sorted through, rolled, and stuffed into my blue and green flower suitcase.

Support letters are sent and I'm even up to date on my 'thank you' cards.

Dr. Fox has given me the A. O. K. to go to Alaska (because of my heart thing).

My plane ticket is purchased.

I have been preparing in so many different ways...

However the most important preparation for serving in Alaska is my time with God.
In all of the errands being run, doctor's appointments, youth group, SIC, and coffee dates with friends, I must continue to focus on my relationship with my Lord.


I am embarking on an adventure so much bigger than me.
But I'm not on my own :)


As many of you know I love music.  Most days I am able to define the emotion of my day by the "soundtracks" I have chosen throughout the day. Today this is what I listened to...




I am so INCREDIBLY thankful to all of those who have given me support and to those who have prayed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment