Tuesday, June 14, 2011

First Week of Camp

Today is Tuesday of the first week of camp (with campers).
I am on my break right now- they are playing a game.
This was today's schedule:
8:30 Breakfast
9:00 Cabin Cleanup/ Staff Meeting
9:45 Skills Clusters (I taught Riflery)
11:00 Cabin Discussions
11:45 Life Sessions (they have 3 options- today my girls went to one on Dating/Relationships).
12:30 Lunch
1:15 T.A.W.G. - Time Alone With God
1:45 Skills Clusters (I did creative & riflery)
3:00 Free Time
5:30 Dinner
6:15 (My break time)
6:15 Game for the campers
8:30 Chapel
10:00 go to Alpine's fireside for testimonies & a game called gibberish
11:00 Lights OUT! (yeah right...)

So the day is pretty packed. We are SO lucky to have a scheduled break each day.
This break is really going to allow me to recharge so my time with my campers is spent to its fullest.
I've been on a 45 minute break so far and I am already SO ready to be back with the girls.  Honestly I don't think I really "needed" it today except that I wanted to check my email to find out if a package was sent.

This week is a challenge. On the most basic level- I have never been a camp counselor before, I have never been at VBC during a week of camp so I do not know the schedule by heart.  Thankfully my director/assistant director have a really great blocked out schedule that tells us what is going on.

I have figured out that my legs will most likely be scabbed and gross all summer. I have "drawn blood" 4 times already, ha ha. So I have  quite the scrapes on my leg (no its not that bad, really its not).

Another revelation- my feet are going to be dirty always and my heals are going to be terribly cracked no matter what I do. Oh well.

I absolutely LOVE it here.
My girls that are in my cabin are going into 6th and 7th grade.  They are so full of energy and are simply precious.
The worship band is really great- they are really talented. Even more importantly they do not turn worship into a show about them- the focus remains on worshipping our Lord.
God is teaching me crazy things.
I am forced to depend on Him, I certainly can not do this by myself.

Speaking of, I have a CIT (counselor in training) in my cabin. Her camp name is Kiwi and she is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Oh my goodness! I am SO happy that she is my CIT.  She is so great with the girls and she is a lifeguard so when we are down at the waterfront my mind is a little more at ease since I know she can save my girls even if the other lifeguards aren't paying attention (which they never would do such a thing!).

Well I really want to just go for a walk and spend some more time with my amazing creator.


Thank you for your support!
love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment