Thursday, June 9, 2011

On the Path

Yesterday I realized it was time to do laundry for the first time since arriving in Alaska.

Around 11:30 pm (it is still basically daylight out) I left Wrangell, my cabin, and began the short trek to the laundry room.  As I reached Streshla, another cabin, I looked up.  Approximately 12 ft in front of me on the path was a MOOSE!

I was staring at a moose.  Only 12 ft away.
If you have never been that close to a moose, well they are HUGE!

I then ran to the porch of Streshla and burst into the cabin.

We proceeded to watch the moose from the porch (with the door open for a quick get-a-way) until it clambered up the mountain and ate leaves.

------

It is the fourth day of orientation week.
I am officially in Alpine Camp.  I will be working primarily with middle school/earlier high school girls.

It truly is amazing here.
Tonight we are going to camp out.
Tomorrow is the swim test...
I'm trying to think how I can avoid it.

-----

Hopefully I will be able to write again.
However campers arrive on Monday, once they are here I most definitely will NOT have time.

----

No comments:

Post a Comment