Sunday, June 26, 2011

Week two of Alpine ended yesterday around 1:00.

I felt as though I was going to crumble and crumble quickly.

As I was walking through the lobby to head back to Wrangell (my cabin) a friend stopped me and invited me to go to town with a group of people.

I didn't even think, just simply agreed.

I am so glad that I did, it was so much fun.  It was just quality time spent with great people who have a tendency to be silly.  I laughed a lot.  The laughter wasn't the typical laughter I felt as though I had to force out this week.  It was sincere and occurred frequently.

When we arrived in town we went to Fred Myer and to Ritz's home for supper/adventure/movie.

Her parents made halibut, salmon, and some yellow fish with giant bulging eyes (I have forgotten the real name for it).  It was really great to try the different fish that her dad had just caught!

After supper we went out on the lake- I was in the kayak along with a  friend. The other three were in the paddle boat. It was quite the adventure and also filled with a lot of laughter.

------

It was what I really needed.

------

Week three starts tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog and keeping up with what you are doing. I missed talking to you this week. Call on Sundays when you want, no pressure..even a one minute phone call though makes my day. I am so proud of you. MOM

    ReplyDelete