Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday of the First Week

Last night Alpine had their camp out.

At the camp out we hang around the campfire, play ladder golf, Gibberish, a speaker & worship.

It is a really special time with the campers. I absolutely love my girls.  I am already feeling emotional about them leaving tomorrow.  Yesterday two of my girls had to leave.  Today two more are leaving.  So there will be five remaining until tomorrow afternoon.

I am worn out and am going to be heading outside (it is absolutely gorgeous out right now) to spend some alone time with God and just rejuvenate.

The girls in my cabin are so wonderful.  This being the first week of being a counselor has been challenging- physically, emotionally, and spiritually. But it has been extraordinary.

I wish I could be with these girls for the whole summer- I can not believe that I will have a new group of  8-10 girls on Monday.

I already am planning on returning next summer (well I'll see what God has but as of right now I am just really feeling like this is SUCH a great ministry and opportunity to completely pour into these middle school girls and love on them, especially because so many of these campers just crave attention and love).

I definitely can NOT do any  of this without God.  I thought that I wouldn't really use my 2 hour break but I now realize just how important it is to spend that time with either adults or even more importantly with God.

I thank everyone SO much for supporting me in this adventure.

love,
Gus Gus

4 comments:

  1. Molly,
    I just caught up on the blog..you are such a good writer and I love reading it.. Uncle Gerry is so proud of you that your teaching rifle skills! Glad you were safe with the Moose! I am just so amazed at what you are doing.. it is alot of work. Where do the campers come from ?

    Love and Prayers.. Auntie Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish this would work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I got the comment box to work if I enter it as ANONYMOUS!!! So, if Anonymous says something on your blog... it is your MOM !! It was great to talk to you on the phone for even a few minutes. I love reading your blog and think of you and pray for you EVERY DAY. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Molly! This is Amy G. I'm going to attempt posting this as "Anonymous," because it didn't work to post a comment from my profile. Anyway, I've been reading your blog from the start, and I am so glad you've been keeping us all posted! Camp sounds amazing! Could you post instructions on how to play "Gibberish?" I'm really curious how that works. I hope you have a wonderful week. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

    Love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete