Thursday, August 4, 2011

Beautiful Moments

Since I have arrived in Alaska, well more accurately, since I have set eyes on Alaska- I have been in awe of it's beauty.  When the plane descended below the clouds and the mountains came into view, my breath was taken away.  My camera was out and I was basically flipping out.  The beauty was captivating.

I am unable to express my gratitude to all of those who helped me and supported me on my journey to serving at Victory Bible camp. 

Not only have my eyes witnessed the outrageous beauty but I have been able to be a part of truly beautiful moments. 


I was a counselor at Alpine camp (middle school/high school).  These are the handprints and/or footprints of the Alpine staff.  These are some of the most amazing people I have ever met.  It was truly a privilege to serve with them. (Camp names are written by their prints, My camp name was Gus Gus.) (My first footprint smudged. . . a lot. . . so I had to do it over in red. It was QUITE the fun process.)
This is at the Alpine camp out.  That is MuddChopps.  One of the best men I will ever meet.  He is amazing.  He is one of the Visible boys.  Phoenix had my camera and took this picture . . . . laughter is rarely unheard.

This is one of my campers.  I called her "gimpy" because she had an injured knee coming into camp and then injured it again at camp out.  She was such a trooper though.  She has an amazing heart and was so patient with other campers.  She is one of those really special people that you know God is going to use in really big ways. 

Oh I LOVE these two girls.  They also have some of the best hearts I have ever come across.  So patient and kind.

This moment was truly precious.

I can not express to you, just how much I love these two amazing women.  Kymie and Kelly. Ugh. I just love them.
If this doesn't just make your heart sing, well I don't know if your heart ever will.  Prayer outside of Miracle Lodge before lunch time. 
My dear friend Swix.


This was the first week of camp.  The amazing girl to the left- she just had my heart.  I wish that I could protect all of my campers from any sort of hurt for the rest of their lives. 

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these girls!! They are sisters.  I had them in my cabin for week one and week three.  They are a couple of spit fires, to say the least. 

On the fourth of July, at the Matanuska River. 

The adorable little girl is Maverick's daughter (my director) and the beautiful Kelly.
Monday night, dropping Zak off at the airport.  It really was a beautiful moment- I was able to really say goodbye to this summer of camp.  Since I am still at camp but almost all of the staff are gone and all of the campers are gone-- well it just isn't CAMP.  The transition was really rough at first- so being able to leave camp, say goodbye to a good friend, and then return to Kelly's house--- well it just was really a beautiful thing. 
Saying goodbye to one of my campers. . . . the most difficult part of every week.  We do it seven times.  It doesn't get any easier.  At the end of the week the campers are going home, wether its to a loving family or a heart aching situation.  It just doesn't get any easier as the weeks go by.  

No comments:

Post a Comment