Saturday, August 13, 2011

Coming to an End

My time here in Alaska has been absolutely amazing.
I am working on packing everything up right now.
Tomorrow I will go to church and then drive into Palmer/Wasilla to meet up with a great friend.  She will bring me to the airport on Monday morning and I am scheduled to arrive in Minneapolis 7:30 pm.

I am going to be switching over to my non-camp blog.
Thank you to all of you who have supported my summer of serving at Victory Bible Camps.  I greatly appreciate your prayers and other forms of support.  It means more than you will ever know.  Thank you once again.

Yesterday we went into Palmer/Wasilla and we came across this sign on our road! As in the people on the road need to  yield to aircraft! Where is the aircraft coming from?!?!  (Apparently intersecting with the road is an "airstrip" - a mowed grass section-- Welcome to Alaska).

Saw this moose yesterday morning on the side of Victory Rd.  It was so close that I didn't zoom my camera AT ALL ! 


a little older pictures- but ones that just begin to capture the natural beauty of Alaska.
This baby was in our yard last week, along with its twin and its mama. 

On the drive from Palmer to Victory.  This picture was taken while we were still driving. 

On the drive from Palmer to Victory. Yes it really is that beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment